What do you really want to do with the rest of your life? If you accomplished nothing else, what four to five things do you want to do in the next 5 years?
Andy Stanley says, “A vision is a clear mental picture of what could be, fueled by the conviction that it should be. Vision is a preferred future. A destination. Vision always stands in contrast to the world as it is. Vision demands change. It implies movement.”
As part of the Life by Design Journey of Faith we invite you to share with us your hopes in five areas of life. What is your vision or picture of what you would like to see happen in the next 5 years.
Thoughts to Ponder
- God has placed within each person a vision that is designed to give purpose and meaning to life.
- The problem is that most people have no vision behind their current circumstances.
- You were designed by God to not blend in, but to stand out.
- The first key to understanding vision is to realize that it always begins with purpose
- Vision is foresight with insight based on hindsight. Vision is a glimpse of our future that God has purposed.
- Vision is not the private view of the future but the view of our future inspired by God.
- When you’ve discovered your own vision, you do not need to be jealous of anyone.
- Your vision should be something that lives on after you’re gone. Something that has greater lasting power than possessions.
- The majority of people really have no passion for life because there is no vision in their hearts.
- When your vision is from God, nothing can stop you.
- Ask yourself, What am I using my energies on? What are you putting your heart and soul into? Is it worth it based on your purpose?
- Vision is the key to an effective life because when you see your destination, it helps you discipline your life in ways that train, prepare, and provide for your vision.
- Your provision is usually hidden until you act on your vision.